Registered user since Wed 28 Oct 2015
Name: James Noble
Bio: I am a Professor of Computer Science in the School of Engineering and Computer Science at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
Research Interests: my research centres around software design. This includes the design of the users’ interface, the parts of software that users have to deal with every day, and the programmers’ interface, the internal structures and organizations of software that programmers see only when they are designing, building, or modifying software. My research in both of these areas is coloured by my longstanding interest in object-oriented approaches to design. Topics I have studied range from aliasing and object ownership, design patterns, agile methodology, via usability, visualization and computer music, to postmodernism and the semiotics of programming.
Affiliation: Victoria University of Wellington
Personal website: http://ecs.victoria.ac.nz/Main/JamesNoble
SPLASH 2014 Activities
- Committee Member in Program Committee for DLS
- Session Chair of Technical paper session 2 (part of DLS)
- Chair in Organizing Committee for SPLASH 2014 Tutorials
- Invited Guest of A Simple, Symmetric, Subjective Foundation for Object-, Aspect- and Context-Oriented Programming within the FOOL-track in FOOL
- Committee Member in Organizing Committee for FOOL
- Tutorials Chair in Organizing Committee for SPLASH 2014
- Committee Member in Program Committee for PLATEAU
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile