Registered user since Fri 25 Apr 2014
Name: Robert Hirschfeld
Bio: Robert Hirschfeld is a Professor of Computer Science at the Hasso-Plattner-Institute at the University of Potsdam, Germany. There he founded and leads the Software Architecture Group which is concerned with fundamental elements and structures of software. Methods and tools are developed for improving the comprehension and design of complex and interesting systems.
He served as a visiting professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (東京工業大学) and The University of Tokyo (東京大学), Japan.
Robert was a senior researcher with DoCoMo Euro-Labs, the European research facility of NTT DoCoMo Japan, where he worked on infrastructure components for next generation mobile communication systems with a focus on dynamic service adaptation and context-oriented programming.
Prior to joining DoCoMo Euro-Labs, he was a principal engineer at Windward Solutions in Sunnyvale, California, where he designed and implemented distributed object systems, consulted in the area of object database technologies, and developed innovative software products and applications.
Robert received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany.
Personal website: http://www.hirschfeld.org/
SPLASH 2014 Activities
- Committee Member in Program Committee for SPLASH 2014 Workshops
- Presenter of SqueakJS - A Modern and Practical Smalltalk That Runs in Any Browser within the DLS-track in DLS
- Committee Member in Program Committee for Onward! Essays
- Presenter of Object Versioning to Support Recovery Needs: Using Proxies to Preserve Previous Development States in Lively within the DLS-track in DLS
- Author of Interleaving of Modification and Use in Data-driven Tool Development within the Onward! Papers-track in Onward!
- Committee Member in Program Committee for DLS
- Committee Member in Steering Committee for SPLASH 2014
- Committee Member in Steering Committee for Onward!
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile